The international certification system ISO gives official confirmation that a company continually improves and meets certain safety qualities and standards.
ABAX is a market leader in developing products to support businesses and individuals who use a vehicle at work. These products include fleet management software, mileage capture technology and equipment monitoring devices.
NEMKO, the Norwegian body which offers inspection and certification services concerning electrical equipment, found ABAX to have excellent standards in management and quality (ISO 9000), environmental management system (ISO 14001) and information security management (ISO 27001).
In June 2012, NEMKO carried out its first audit of ABAX and approved the company in these three areas.
Now, three years later, ABAX has exceeded this effort in all the countries in which it operates: Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, the Netherlands and the UK.
The report stated: “ABAX is organised and very well structured, with a sound groundwork in place for continued improvement."
Petter Quinsgaard, ABAX Chief Executive, said: “We are very pleased with the results of the NEMKO audit especially since there were no deviations from the audit which was conducted in June 2012.
“Having this accreditation means ABAX customers can be safe in the knowledge that our products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality. They are also less harmful to the environment."
He added: “Today we are a leading provider in a highly competitive international market for this technology. In order to meet the demands and requirements of the future, it is important that we focus on these ISO standards at all times."
Notes to editors:
Image attached: Bjørn Erik Brandsæter Helgeland, ABAX Chief Operating Officer, standing centre, with ABAX employees
- ABAX has a UK office at Warmington, near Peterborough
- ABAX hit the headlines in November 2014 when Peterborough United announced the company as its major new partner. This five-year deal includes the naming of the club’s ground to ABAX Stadium.
- For more information on ABAX visit abax.co.uk
- Follow ABAX UK on Twitter @ABAXUK and Facebook at facebook.com/ABAXUK
- NEMKO is a company with more than 20 years of experience in system certification.
- ISO 9000 - Quality management. This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the process approach and continual improvement.
- ISO 14001 - Sets out the criteria for an environmental management system and contributes to reducing the environmental footprint of the company.
- ISO 27001 - Information security. The standards provide demanding requirements for implementing and maintaining a good information security management system for safeguarding information.